Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com The Path God Led Us Down

Caring for an orphan is at the very heart of God. It is about being a part of his plan by being obedient to him. So with great joy we are honored to be a part of of his great plan. So please join us as our Lord and Savior leads us into the arms of our precious daughter Isabella.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, December 08, 2006

Nothing is beyond your reach

Today, I wanted to talk about today's scripture reading. It hits me close to home because while I was going through my infertility and continue to, I applied this scripture reading to my life and it is so true. Read below:

Today's Scripture

"Thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
"(1 Corinthians 15:57)

You must remember that God is not only with you, He is also for you and He is in you! His goodness and mercy follow you everywhere you go, no matter where you go. He has also promised that no matter what path life takes you on, He'll go ahead of you and make the crooked paths straight. As long as you're following His path, you simply can't lose! Once you begin to see the future through the eyes of faith, you'll discover that victory is within your grasp. Begin to see yourself the way God sees you, and it will change your perspective on everything.

My personal reflection on this has everything to do with our adoption of our Isabella. You know, God is so good. The part of scripture that yells out to me is this:

"HE ALSO HAS PROMISED THAT NO MATTER WHAT PATH LIFE TAKES YOU ON, HE'LL GO AHEAD OF YOU AND MAKE THE CROOKED PATHS STRAIGHT."

You see when this whole adoption thing came up for Herb and I, I had prayed for Herb's heart to change his perception of adoption and for maybe four or five years, I submitted to the fact that my hubby did not want to adopt and then I began to also feel that adoption was not for us. Well it wasen't until this past Easter season 2006. Kai came home from China right before easter, I remember being at mass on holy Thursday, and during my prayer time I felt the Lord speaking to my heart, it was so crystal clear that he told me to tell Herb that he was going to be a daddy to a little girl. I was so overwelmed with joy. The Lord had never spoken these words before to me and I was just over the moon with happiness, as tears swelled my eyes and began to flow, he also wispered in my heart that "Now was the time to rejoice because my prayers have been heard and will be answered, to also tell "Anthony that he was going to be a brother to a little girl". Well, at that time when I received this profetic word, I never imagined that he was talking about adoption. The word adoption, still was a firm NO in our hearts, we just did not feel that this was for us. On Friday, we met Kai for the first time, I immediately fell in love with this little guy, but little did we know that the Lord was setting our hearts up for what was going to take place on Easter sunday (The day of his resurrection). Everyone in our family went to mass together and then we made reservation for easter brunch. During our meals, Herb and I were just observing Kai and everything was new to him. Shortly after we began to eat, I turned to my hubbie and I said "Ahhh, I want a little person like that one (refering to Kai). As we said our goodbye to everyone after our brunch, I will never forget as we were walking out Herb said to me, " Do you really want to adopt from China" ? I could not believe what I was hearing. " I said without even taking a breath " Absolutely" and he said ok - let's do it, but let's adopt a little girl, and this is the beggining of our journey to Isabella, God always says "Plant the seed, and I will do the rest" and boy is that the truth. Prayer changes things and also change people.

A Prayer for Today

God, thank You for putting every good and perfect thing within my grasp. I know that when I see things the way You see them, I can revolutionize my life! In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Have a blessed and beautiful day.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



________________
Add this to your site

<< Home