Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com The Path God Led Us Down

Caring for an orphan is at the very heart of God. It is about being a part of his plan by being obedient to him. So with great joy we are honored to be a part of of his great plan. So please join us as our Lord and Savior leads us into the arms of our precious daughter Isabella.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What a GOD moment

Have any of you people ever felt this inner joy inside after something happens to you, that you are totally convinced that what just happened was a GOD moment and the reason why you are so happy is because since it was a GOD moment, you felt his awesome and incredible presence. Okay well let me tell you what just happened to me. I am elated with his joy.

It is now 6:00pm wednesday evening. My father in law and I are in the car on our way to Publix and I say to him "I need to stop at the gas station to put gas in my car." So that's what I did, I parked my car next to a pump and as I am searching in my wallet for my gas card, I look up and I see this van in front of me that has a sticker that says "DE COLORES" well to some of you, you might not know what this is, but for those of you that have done the Cursillo retreat, you know where I am going with this. After the participants complete the cursillo retreat they are officially called "Cursillistas", so I am explaining to my father in law who is with me what DE COLORES means right ? well as I am getting out of the car, the lady in this van get's out and she says to me "Do you need me to move the van so you can pump gas? and I said "No but I do want to ask you something" as she is walking toward me, "Are you a Cursillista, I asked? and she smiled with such a glow and said "Yes" and I said "me too" as she smiles and gives me a thumbs up, this women then proceeded to ask me when I had done my cursillo and I told her, this October and that my hubby had done it also the 3rd week of october, she then asked me where I had done the retreat, if it was in Sarasota and I said no I had done it in Venice. She seemed very surprised as she was not aware that venice had a retreat house and that they even hosted cursillo retreats there. Well then, she asked me for my email address and we exchanged emails and she asked me if I can send her the information to venice. I asked her what parish she belong to and she told me that she attends St. James in Port Charlotte, I then told her that I attended Our Lady of Light Catholic Community, and she said to me "Oh your Catholic, I am Episcopal" and without a breath, she said Oh that's ok we are all one in Christ. This lady looked humbly into my eyes and said "You know I don't really do much in church but at Cursillo is when I first let the light of Christ into my life". OMG - this complete stranger that I had just seen for less than 2 minutes reached out and gave me a hug as we held eachother in our arms for a brief moment. That moment spoke so much to my heart, that moment said to me that we are the body of Christ, that without him we are nothing but that with him we are everything in the world, that the world may not mean much to certain people but that to certain people we are the world, the world of Christ. I am so overwhelmed with the love of Christ that my cup is overflowing.

On top of all of this, I have my father in law sitting in the car wondering what the heck is going on? As I got back in the car after this GOD moment, I said to my father in law, "you see dad, you just witnessed the power of love in Christ" and he turned to me and said " I know that lady hugged you like she wanted to take you home" and I said to him "this is what happens when you let GOD be the Lord of your life. What a witness not only to me but also to my father in law who is now being exposed to so much of GOD's work within the past couple of weeks.

I thank you God for being the Lord of my life and for always leading me into the right places at the right time for your honor and Glory., Praise be to God now and forever.

Blessings to all of you.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Angi said...

I've been reading for over an hour, clicking "Next Blog". I bookmarked your site when I saw the part about the baby, then I saw the words "De Colores", which I've seen a couple of times on people's cars (one at church, and we're Methodist) and wondered what that was... now I know!
Your post brought tears to my eyes.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Ohilda said...

Ily,

All I can say is WOW!!! God never ceases to amaze us and if we allow him to use us, He flows like a river. What an awesome testimony to His love.

Thanks for sharing.

Love,

Ohilda

 

Post a Comment



________________
Add this to your site

<< Home