Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com The Path God Led Us Down

Caring for an orphan is at the very heart of God. It is about being a part of his plan by being obedient to him. So with great joy we are honored to be a part of of his great plan. So please join us as our Lord and Savior leads us into the arms of our precious daughter Isabella.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, June 15, 2007

Missing In Action

Not that anyone is wondering but it makes me feel better to think that their are people out there that read my blog. If anyone has noticed that I haven't blogged in awhile. Let me tell you where I have been for the past week. I left with our youth group to do some mission work in St. Petersburg, Florida on June 10th. The mission trip was scheduled from June 10 -June 15 (which is today). I only went up for a couple of days though because I had promised my sister that I would take care of her babies, AJ and Amanda if she happen to be leaving to China during that week. Well, sure enough, my sister, my mom, my brother in law and Kai left to China on Wednesday morning. I was sort of bummed that I had to cut the mission trip short but God in his perfect plan saw something else coming. Let me explain, my plan was to leave camp on late Tuesday night and drive to Ft Myers to stay at my sister's house. The plan was that I would take everyone to the airport on Wed morning for their trip to China. Well, that was my plan. The Lord's plan was something different. I ended leaving St.Pete by 1:00pm on Tuesday, being home alone by 3:00pm, shaking and shivering with 102 degree fever. I ended up getting this horrible gastrointestinal virus. My mom was supposed to go to my sister's house tuesday evening but since she knew that I was sick, she stayed with me and decided to head to my sister's house with me in the morning (remember, I had to pick them up to take them to the airport by 7:00am). Thanks to my mom, she came and made me a very bland dinner and give me TLC from mommy. (it's doesn't matter how old you get - My mommy is so special and I love her so much and I always need her TLC especially when I'm feeling sick) - and for that I am so blessed. Ok so needless to say, I battled the night with on and off heat flashes - trying to beak thry the fever. I was up by the grace of God at 5:45am still with 102 fever. I picked up mom by 6:15am and headed toward ft. Myers to pick up my sister, scott, and kai to take them to the airport. So what happens next, a 4-car accident backs up the highway like 15 miles from my sister's house, I was stuck in a grid. Needless, to say I had to call my sister to tell her that I was running late due to this accident. My sister begins to panic thinking she is going to miss her flight to China. I tell her - I will call you back - let me get off of the highway and take the back streets. Yeh ok (brilliant idea) me and a thousand other vehicles thought the same way. Well to make a long story short - I ended up taking my mom to the airport and not ever seeing my sister off. She and Scott had to drive themselves to the aiport and leave their car in long term parking until I could get back out there to pick it up. I really felt bad for them, I felt bad for my sister because she was crying on the phone thinking she was never going to make it to China.
It all worked out good, they finally made it to the airport, I finally got to their house to pick up Amanda and AJ, went from their straight to the doctor's office and home to bed. Thank God for Amanda who really stepped up to the plate to help me out with AJ while I recovered from this horrible virus. Oh did I fail to mention that my 18 yr old Anthony was gone also to the mission trip all week, so he was not able to help me and Herb was gone and still is gone and won't be back until Monday. Yeh - well that's what's been happening in my neck of the woods. But I am now feeling better and running around taking care of poor AJ who now got the virus that I had. Poor sweet baby boy. He is not feeling good :(

So please keep AJ in your prayers that this bug not torture him too much. I'm off to to love and craddle baby AJ. Peace and God Bless.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Things work out,Hope everyone feels better soon!!

 

Post a Comment



________________
Add this to your site

<< Home