Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com The Path God Led Us Down

Caring for an orphan is at the very heart of God. It is about being a part of his plan by being obedient to him. So with great joy we are honored to be a part of of his great plan. So please join us as our Lord and Savior leads us into the arms of our precious daughter Isabella.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The meaning behind love

My new years resolution is to grow deeper not only in my faith and spirituality but also in my ministries. I will go deeper in prayers, read more books that will help me grow within my own spirituality and then take what I’ve learned and pass it on to others. With that being said, I will begin:

Our spirituality can be like those of a crossword puzzle. There’s the up and down relationship between God and us. There’s the left to right relationship between the world and us. Sometimes, we ask for help but most of the time we don’t. Often we try and fit things in our life that our not meant for the space (which is our soul) and we end up with a problem. The result ? Well the space (which is our soul) remains empty until we begin to live out God’s plan for our lives. So, Where does it all begin and how can we live out God’s plan in our lives?

It all begins with L.O.V.E: The truth about love.

Love is not a feeling; happiness is a feeling. Love is not an emotion; anger is an emotion. Love is not a state; confusion is a state. Love can include feeling and emotion and leave you in a state, but love is, at heart, a decision. Love sees the imperfections, sins and failings, and says
“I still chose to love you”

(I can’t help but think of my precious nephew “Kai” - as I write about the imperfections of this little guy, although he had a clept lip and palate, our Lord gave me the grace to see past his imperfection and now all I see is a little boy - who has shown me how to love in a greater and deeper way. A little boy that kneels before the crucifix in reverence of the power of our mighty God. Kai's actions have humbled me in such a way to know and firmly believe that God doesn’t call the equipped, he equips the called).

Going back to L.O.V.E: The world says, “Love is priceless.” Not true - Love carries a heavy price, but Jesus picked up the tab for you and for me. The world tells us, love doesn’t grow on trees.” But love grew out of a tree on Calvary that day when Jesus’ blood watered the earth. God doesn’t love you just because he is bored, nor does he just have loving feelings for his creation. God is love and when we love as he loves, we know him and live in him:

The bottom line is this: “God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God. How am I so convinced of this ? It says it in his word: 1 John 4:16. Love means that God is your center, your air and you cannot live without him nor would you want to. The love of God puts every other relationship into proper perspective. With this knowledge and good news, I have made a firm resolution to start off this year more than ever with a firm commitment to fully turn myself over to Jesus, I am nothing without him.

Phillipians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I give our Lord all the honor and glory in which he returns to me with his everlasting joy and grace. Peace be with all of you.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



________________
Add this to your site

<< Home