Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com The Path God Led Us Down

Caring for an orphan is at the very heart of God. It is about being a part of his plan by being obedient to him. So with great joy we are honored to be a part of of his great plan. So please join us as our Lord and Savior leads us into the arms of our precious daughter Isabella.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

May the Truth Be Spoken

As I came across the scripture reading for today, it really hit close to my heart and so I have decided that despite what anyone may say or do I am going to blog about what I am feeling. On Christmas Day 2007 - Herb, Anthony, Seth and I were supposed to gather bright and early at Herb's niece's house for a Christmas Tradition, well we were supposed to be there by 10:00am (Herb's niece lives in Miami which is approximately 3.0 hrs away from our home). Needless to say we could not make it at that particular time but instead of not going at all we decided that even though we were running really late we would still make the drive. Too make a long story short, we ended up getting there late but we finally arrived.

Upon arriving at Herb's niece house, we were greeted by herb's sister and her family and his nephew. Upon entering the home, most of the family members had already left but yet I could feel alot of tension in the air. Keep in mind, I have been married into this family for 15yrs - this is not the first problem that I have had but yet to bring happiness into my marriage, I have tried to not cause any waves but sometimes it is really really difficult.

There is alot more that took place but I will refrain from blogging about it at this time. To be honest I am still very upset about the whole thing and I truly, truly, truly need to let it go. I have been praying about this situation since it happened and the Lord keeps speaking to me about Love and Peace. It's just so hard sometimes to do what Jesus would do without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I just pray that the Lord continue to give me grace and peace with this whole situation. I am not blogging about this to blame anyone or anything but I do think that everyone involved in this situation needs to come full circle, set the pride to the side, speak about their hurts, their feelings and just get past this. I know I do and I so ever need the Lord to help me.

This is the scripture reading that came to me today - which is what ignited me to blog about what is so heavy in my heart. Thank You Jesus for always working behind the scenes in my life.

Choose Peace

Today's Scripture

“Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14).

Today's Word

Holiness is so important to God. The Bible says that holiness is the key to seeing the Lord. When you obey the Word of God and allow Him to work in your life, you are pursuing holiness. You will see the Lord working in your life. Notice this verse starts by saying that we should live at peace with the people around us. When we have peace in our lives, in our homes, and in our relationships, it opens the door for God to work. But when we have strife, bitterness, anger or resentment in our relationships, it blocks God’s blessing. Remember, when it comes to disagreements in relationships, it doesn’t always matter who is right, it matters what is right. And choosing peace is right. Is there someone in your life today that you need to restore peace with? A simple act of kindness, a note or small gift, can open the door for restoration in your relationships. Step out today and let the peace create a foundation for the blessing God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

Father in Heaven, today I open my heart to You. I choose Your way of peace. Show me how to live at peace with the people in my life so that I can honor You in everything I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Ohilda said...

It truly is an honor to call you my sister. Continue to keep your eyes on Jesus and He will take care of the rest.

I love you!

 

Post a Comment



________________
Add this to your site

<< Home