Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com The Path God Led Us Down

Caring for an orphan is at the very heart of God. It is about being a part of his plan by being obedient to him. So with great joy we are honored to be a part of of his great plan. So please join us as our Lord and Savior leads us into the arms of our precious daughter Isabella.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Graduation Day

Well, here we are, tonight is Anthony's official graduation night. Tonight ends those roads that lead Anthony to adulthood, but yet tonight is also the beginning of the many journey's of life that he will undertake. The song that is playing in the background is played by Mark Harris and he wrote it for his children. I could not find a better song to express my feelings toward Anthony and what lies ahead for him in this life. What I do hope and pray is that as he drives down the many roads of life, that he carry one thing with him and that's the Truth and Light of Jesus Christ.

Anthony, you will always be my little baby boy. The memories you have given me have been tremendous. You are the light of my life, thanks for being such a great son. May this day bring you all the happiness in the world that you deserve. Despite all the difficulties that you have endured in your life, YOU DID IT SON !!!!! Congratulations.

Here is a writing that Anthony wrote for his English class, just before graduation. I thought is was great and I would like to share it with all of you, Enjoy !!!!

"Life is a Gift"

Only in those last moments of life does a person begin to realize how precious life truly is. The mind begins to show flashbacks of one's past experiences. Is the mind trying to show us that life is something to charish by showing us the flashbacks, or is the mind just playing tricks on us because of the lack of oxygen to the brain.

You should live your life to the fullest as I do because no one knows when it's going to be their time to go, so don't go with the flow, live it up and you will be happy. Every time you wake up, you should be joyful about life, for God has given you another day to live, so that you can be with the ones you love most.

In this final month of High School, the days will go by so fast. Good times will come and good times will be forgotten, and as always life goes on just like everything else does. But the times that will never be forgotten are those times, when you had the best times of your life, like at Grad Bash '07, when my friends and I were at Mel's dinner eating after partying at the clubs for about four hrs straight. I started to ponder that this was probably going to be the last time that all of us will be together like this. But as the days go on and graduation draws near, I begin to see how close I've grown to all of my friends. I have noticed that my friends are just as close to my heart as my family is. It will hurt me to say goodbye to everyone. I know that I might never see them again. They say friends come and go, like the wind, but I don't want that to happen to me for you are all part of my family, and I never forget about family.

I will go on to college to pursue my dream and become an Engineer. As I'm there, I will meet many people and I will make many friends. But as I meet these people, I will try and treat them more than just a friend, because like in high school, everything comes to an end, even friendships. I will hold onto my friends for as long as I can, for they are the ones who will help me pull through life's many obstacles. My life will go on just like everyone else's life will.
And just like everyone else, I too will make many decisions, some will be good and some will be bad, but the difference between me and everyone else, is that with every decisions I make, I will seize the moment and make it last as long as I can.

I stand here today looking into the eyes of people that were once my friends for years and are now much more than that. You are all my second family. The day school started, I couldn't wait until it was over and now that graduation is here, I wish I could take it all back.

As we get closer to graduation, don't rush it. It only comes once in a life time. Just like that, in a blink of an eye, you'll be sitting on a couch wondering, when did your life pass you by. Don't be one of those couch potatoes (I love this part), live your life as if it were your last, because you never know it just might be.

So there you have it, written by a senior in high school. Seize every moment of your life, don't just think it, live it. Have a blessed and wonderful day. I will post pictures of our pre-graduation dinner and also graduation ceremony tonight.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



________________
Add this to your site

<< Home